Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And this is real life.


Today is Wednesday (my personal favorite workday of the week). My best and most adamant admirer Diane came down yesterday and lightened my day with dinner and a slumber party. Normally an early to bed girl, she stayed up, did a crossword with me, and watched TV. When no one else can make me smile-she can. She left this morning at 7 so as to make it to work. I tried to stay up, to do a couple little things but fell asleep on the couch sometime around 8:30. So, here we go, beginning the day.

It is writing day. Now, that usually doesn't guarantee writing occurs for me, but that it is supposed to. I am in my office at home now, dog on the right, cat well, on the desk hovering and meowing, and am ready to begin. Yes, it is 11:00 am. Thanks for reminding me. Today, the days holds several things. 1) I must meet with two of my Master's students. They are coming to my house to talk about their thesis'. Anita is interested in neuroscience and its implications for classroom environments and Malori is working on the impact of low SES on minority aspirations. Then, I am going to get my 4304 class ready for tomorrow. Then, work on the co-teaching AERA proposal, then get my Content Area Literacy class ready for tomorrow which includes some grading. Before bed, I MUST work for at least an hour on my book club article.