Monday, July 14, 2008

Deja Vu'

I spent a year sitting at coffee shops around Austin writing, proposals and then a book. I have decided to call it a book and not a dissertation. I mean, it is a book-it was published, has 300 pages, and illustrations. So, here I am again, sitting at a coffee shop, this time in San Antonio. I hadn't realized that part of being a college professor was coffee shops. In order (at this point) to get work done, I have to be here, sipping a coffee, and working. Is it my reinforced imagination or a socially situated activity or is it me? Anyway, I worked on an AERA proposal this weekend and it is ready to rock and roll (not that it took much as it was rejected last year because of a wrong SIG choice). I am on the BookClub article for the rest of today. I have got to update the literature.

As for the home front: I weave the streets of San Antonio and see all the families with children and their respective sombreros and I still do not feel like I am inspired or proud to be here in SA. It does not give me the same feelings as the DUCK tours in Austin do. I guess it will come. My sprinkler system was completed on Friday but I don't know how to work it. I need to call about that. So many call, so little time!

1 comment:

Beth said...

which SIG/division are you sending it too?

I am trying to figure that part of my proposal out also.