Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Crow Bar

created insecurity for me. Yesterday, after working out I came home to my back door being jammed open. Inside, I found nothing missing but felt a bit like I was making it up, that the door was broken before (It had been hard to close). Getting ready this morning I went to put my earrings on and noticed the jewelery box with all my most treasured rings (including my class ring) was gone as was my digital camera. That was it. They took very little...but my belief in humanity feels threatened. Locks and bolts do not make me feel better. I feel like my sense of self is falling apart. Now I need a Doberman. Where is Ringo when you need him?

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no. so sorry to hear this. We will keep you in our prayers.

Beth said...

I think you should try to submit your "identity piece" Division G:Section 2: Education in Multicultural Contexts Within and Across Subject Areas

This section encompasses studies that focus on race, ethnicity, gender, language, social class, sexual orientation, immigration status, age, and other forms of demographic diversity.

The section also includes studies on students’ navigations across social and cultural contexts, adaptation from home to school, ethnic identification and cultural variation, and social barriers and constraints, as well as sources of
agency that may contribute to achievement and educational opportunity. The section is particularly interested in studies that integrate multiple categories of demographic diversity.

(if you frame it right you could highlight the transition part and the diverse nature of the students)


Section Co-Chairs: Cindy Cruz, cruzc@ucla.edu; Zeus Leonardo, zeusleonardo@berkeley.edu.