Monday, May 25, 2009

My Cousin Erin and her baby, Sarah.


My cousin Erin had her baby, Sarah a couple days ago (May 22) and unfortunately, due to complications from Trisomy 18, she died May 24, 2009. Erin knew that Sarah was fraught with problems. Around 3 months there were already big issues with even bigger ones to come. I dont think I could have/would have been able to carry such a child to term, knowing that upon birth, if she made it that far, she would die, immediately or soon after. Perhaps that is heartless. I dont know, but I dont think I could go through a pregnancy while planning a funeral, getting bigger and having people ask when I am due, to know that the chances of me bringing home a baby are almost null. She is a strong woman, that cousin of mine.

In other news, my other cousin (I only really have two), Jon, has three kids: Kyle, Trevor, and Carly. Kyle is 15 and was hurt in a 4-wheeler accident last week. He was not wearing a helmet and flipped over his bike, causing a brain hemorrhage. He didnt break anything else, but the swelling in the brain and the bleeding was fairly severe. At first he wasnt sure who he was or who his family was. They still arent totally sure what the level of his brain damage will be. I tell you! What a week my Aunt Carolee and Uncle Harvey's kids have had!

No comments: