Thursday, January 14, 2010


Exactly four days ago I met the Divine Miss M. I can't believe that I got to meet her and moreover, hug her, talk to her, and be photographed with her. I can't wait for my photos taken with her to arrive. I have no idea how long they will take to arrive and I worry that they will include me with eyes closed or my face not smiling. I feel like I need the photos to validate that yes, it was I who met her. The experience is both ephemeral, feeling fuzzy, amazing, and a dream, and also bright, steadfast, and vivid. It still seems so surreal. At this exact moment, 4 days ago, I was meeting the great Bette Midler. Wow. Now, how do I get to go have coffee with her? I need a longer talk!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah,the problem with a dream coming true, it leads to bigger and better dreams. I can't wait to hear about your coffee date with Bette.