Saturday, May 14, 2011

Going to the Zoo?












Those that know me know that I do not do zoos. I dont like animals caged, often in extreme heat, on display for sitckey, popcicled youg-ins. The animals even look miserable. I would be. Someday we will be the ones behind bars and weird aliens will be looking at us, "Look at the blonde one," and, "That one is fat," and, "Look, that one is brushing her teeth!" Anyways, last Saturday I went with a friend of mine to a "zoo" in Johnson City. I say its a zoo, but it more like a sanctuary as the animals they have were given to them. As such, they really dont have many exotics (A pair of lemurs, couple of zebra and a camel or two). But, the amazing thing about this place is that visitors get to ride on a trailer and feed the animals, pet them, and have them, well accost you. It was awesome. I pet a zebra and a camel, had goats and llamas bowl me over for my feed bucket, feed and pet a buffalo, a camel, and various other creatures.

No comments: